Home » Letter of Introduction

Letter of Introduction

in one of the web page’s links, you were able to know me a bit more. There, I introduced myself to you, it is my hope that you introduce one of your classmates to me. For total transparency, my hope is to use this as a formative ice breaker, where you will interview someone from class that you do not know, and use that information to write a letter of introduction for me.

Peer Interview

For your interview, please do the following

Introduce yourself and share the following information:

• What year are you at CCNY, your major, why did you choose it, and what your plans are pertaining to this major after graduating? What are your aspirations (academically, and professionally)? Explain why.
  • What do you do outside of school for fun? This is usually not academically related, but for some, it might be.
  • Speak to what your strengths and weaknesses are when it comes to English. Make sure to reference all of the following: reading, writing, speaking, and listening.

Letter of Introduction

In short, a letter of introduction is where you introduce a friend or colleague (in this case…a classmate) to someone else. It is one of the perfect ways you can open doors of opportunity between a business associate of yours and someone you know. Instead of having you write one of yourself, I am using this opportunity to help develop you as a writer in addition to helping you work on your speaking and listening skills.

For more support on what a letter of introduction is, see this article on Indeed’s website here.